As if you already don't hate us enough for that kind of set-up, we are true gluttons for continuing to take our child to day care in the summer.
Hold on, hold on, keep the stones in your pockets. He only goes to daycare part-time in the summer, AND I have lots of handy excuses to defend this choice and make it sound like we are brilliant parents.
Handy Excuses to Show That We Are Brilliant Parents:
1. This summer, at least one day a week while the maniac is at daycare, I will devote to writing on my novel. Finally. Someone's gotta get some work done around here.
2. Parker loves his friends at daycare and likes to see them a few days a week still. He is an only child. This is his chance to socialize and mingle.
3. We don't have to deal with separation anxiety because the daycare experience just continues.
4. It still costs less because he only goes part-time.
5. For two weeks in the summer, the daycare lady is on vacation. We also go on vacation for another week with the maniac in tow, which accounts for THREE whole weeks of complete and total 24/7 family time. After working full-time the rest of the year, this is quite the shock to the system, so BACK to daycare the maniac goes as soon as those three weeks are done.
We are in the second week right now of the three-week-no-day-care. Activities abound. Calories are burned. Thank god for nap time.