Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Off We Go to Mexico!

Once again, my crazy family and I are off to a beach resort in Mexico! We had so much fun last year, we have decided to do it again. After all, the thought of side-splitting laughter, embarrassingly falling into the pool, and dealing with mysterious gray clouds coming from swim diapers in a pool just keep me coming back for more.

Since it is still a totally appropriate post, I will take advantage of re-posting an old post from last year about going to Mexico. It's a busy day. Enjoy an oldie but goodie!

Mexican vacation + Two Year Old = Just Keep Drinking

Off we go to our favorite Mexican beach resort! We leave tomorrow for three nights, and there is no turning back now. Reservations are made, cars (plural) are LOADED, coolers packed, groceries bought, and I’ve already started applying sunscreen to the fair-skinned maniac. I am beyond excited with a little fear mixed in. The best chemistry for vacation anticipation. This will be my bub’s first trip to any ocean/beach.

Last year, my husband and I went alone to the Mexican beach resort while Grandma watched our bub. I completely surprised myself by being very sad while I was there, missing my bub! I looked around at all the families at the pool together, at the beach, playing in the lawn, and I wanted the same! To be surrounded by family, digging in the sand, and making memories.

So, off we go! My mom, brother, neice, hub, bub, and myself all participating in the fulfillment of one of my dreams!

Let us only hope that we can have some of this:



And, not much of this:



Prayers are appreciated!

17 comments:

Venassa said...

Have tons of fun! And I'm praying for you haha.

Ca88andra said...

Hope you have a wonderful time and come back with lots of stories!

Rathi said...

Oh this sounds so much fun. Have a great trip and enjoy.

Natalie said...

Ooohh super jealous! Hope you have a splendid time! Have a drink for me!

Jen said...

All I can say is, good luck and my prayers are with you. :)

Climb2Nowhere said...

I hope you have a great time and an awesome vacation!

Jessica said...

Have fun!

Tenille @ Help!Mum said...

OMG has that been a whole year? Hope you're having a ball :-)

Katie Gates said...

Hope you have (had?) a wonderful time!

Katie said...

Kristy, I hope you are having, or had, a delightful time with your family in Mexico! Cannot wait to hear the stories...Was Eduardo there?

Unknown said...

Have a great time!

jazzygal said...

haha! You can have my prayers AND good wishes... enjoy! We'll be heading on holidays soon too...can't wait!

xx Jazzy

Tina L. Hook said...

Enjoy that vacation. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Anonymous said...

No prayers needed. You got this. You just did it last year!! Have fun and enjoy the sun!

Suniverse said...

Hope you had a GREAT day!

Helene said...

I hope you have a great time (minus the mysterious gray clouds coming from the swim diapers in the pool!)

Amy said...

Oh, I am SO jealous of you, my love! Mexico sounds heavenly to me right about now! And how fun that your entire family goes!!

We do large beach trips like that, but it's only a few hours away from where we live, and it makes me want to murder everyone by the time the whole thing is over. But Mexico....MEXICO!....now, that would be awesome!!!!

Have so much fun!