Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Stealing Part 2 ("Tell me more, did you get very far?")

Today, I am doing Part 2 of the Sunday Stealing meme. Perfect for a Sunday!



21. Did you go to your high school prom?


Yes.

22. Perfect time to wake up?


I wish I could sleep until 10:00 am.

23. Perfect time to go to bed?

I wish I could stay up until midnight.

I prefer to stay up and sleep in. This does not mix well with young child.

24. Do you use your queen right away in chess?


Only if it will benefit me well. Don't be afraid to let the lady play!

25. Ever been in a car accident?

Nope! Ha! To the amazement of my husband. He doesn't appreciate my driving skillz.

26. Closer to mom or dad…or neither?


Mom.

I love that scene in Forrest Gump when Forrest comes home after serving in the war. His mom opens the front door, and he says, "I'm home, Mama."

27. What age is this exciting life over for you?


I don't know, and I'm glad I don't.

28. What decade during the 20th century would you have chosen to be a teenager?

When I was a little kid, I always wanted to have lived in the 50's. I LOVED the movie Grease. I wanted to wear big, poofy skirts. When I went to get my hair cut, I would always tell the lady to "make me look like Sandy." (The Sandy at the END of the movie. Oh yeah.) I was DEVASTATED when my parents told me that Sandy and Danny were not real people - only actors.

Still to this day, I love to quote the smooth talking Danny, "Oh, come on, don't make me laugh. Hah. Hah. Hah."

29. Favorite shoes you have EVER owned?

I have these shoes that I ordered from Victoria's Secret about 7 years ago. I cannot get rid of them even though they have been through A LOT. I like to wear them out. They are leather, and they fit my foot so well - they are so comfortable! Yet, they look kick ass. They don't look like they'd be comfortable. They have a pointy toe, and when I wear them with long jeans, it looks like I'm wearing heels, but they aren't heels. They are flats, which I'm grateful for because I'm so freaking tall.

30. Do you have an article of clothing you have had since you were in high school?


College, yes. High school, no.

31. Were you in track and field?


No.

32. Were you ever in a school talent show?


No, but I will NEVER forget this awesome talent show when I was in seventh grade. This kid, I won't reveal his name here since I haven't talked to him since high school, he lip synched to "I Wanna be a Cowboy" by Boys Don't Cry. He sat on a bouncy horse, holding a Cabbage Patch Girl and would look at her and lip synch, "And you can be my cow girl!" It was genius. It was hilarious. I still tell people about it. Wonder where that guy is now?

33. Have you ever written in a library book?

No. I would never disrespect property like that. (That was said with total sarcasm. If you want to know why, read this post.)

34. Allergic to?

Sulfa - it is an antibiotic. If I were to ever take it again, I could die. When I found out I was allergic to this medicine, it was scary! I was driving up to University of Northern Iowa where I was in grad school and working as a graduate assistant. In the car, I started breaking out in so many awful hives, they tightened my scalp, spread to my ears, and I lost my hearing! I went straight to the health clinic on campus.

35. Favorite fruit?

Watermelon


11 comments:

My Inner Chick said...

Love reading about you! So Fun :))) X

My Inner Chick said...

Loved getting to know more about you! :))) xx

The Gal Herself said...

Grease is my best friend's favorite movie. He's a straight guy, and he fell enduringly in love with Olivia Newton John, ONJ as he calls her. I may steal that Pirates photo and send it to him.

Congrats on your stellar driving record.

Unknown said...

Interesting. I was in a talent show as a student, when I was in high school, and as a teacher when I was teaching at a high school. I did a bit where I read Lady McBeth's sleepwalking scene, adding sound effects for the punctuation. It was fun!

Mrs. Tuna said...

I must be WAAAAAY older. College clothes? Pffft...does it count now since I went back to school as an old lady.

jazzygal said...

Wow. There's a LOT of questions in this! really getting a picture of you through this. Don't worry..it's a good one!! I love the 50's too...and the musical Grease!

xx Jazzy

Liz Mays said...

Your allergy is pretty freakin' scary! I wouldn't mind getting up at 10am every day, but I'd probably go to bed at 11pm.

The Pepperrific Life said...

I also still have a cute shirt from college, but none from high school. My, that allergy you have is really serious!

Glen said...

As long as you didn't carry the Watermelon - you should be fine

Lady Mama said...

I have the same stay up late get up late issue. I look forward to the weekends when this happens again...

Lance said...

Your choice of the 50s is pretty interesting.

I would choose the 20s - Lost generation, Algonquin Roundtable writers, Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Dot Parker, etc or the 70s - punk rock, CBGBs, etc.