Thursday, April 14, 2011

And You Thought You Knew Me

I must say MUCHOS GRACIAS to two special ladies at A Mountain Momma and Always Just a Mom! They have both been so kind to think of me for The Versatile Blogger Award.


Since the first and second times I accepted this award, I didn’t follow the actual rules, maybe this time I will.

I must list seven things about myself. (Since I have some new followers round here, I figured this would be a good idea.)

1. Sometimes I don’t follow the rules. Rules are meant to be broken, aren’t they?

2. I just now had the privilege of hearing one of my favorite lines in a movie. “Aw, don’t cry little lady. It makes my knees hurt!” (Monsters vs. Aliens)

3. I like to create new vocabulary around what I have termed, “The Psychology of Driving.” For example, the “Seabiscuit Effect” is whenever you try to pass someone on the interstate and they start to speed up just as you get next to them and they realize you are trying to pass them. (When this turns into a stale-mate of passing, I call this, "The Race of the Idiots.")

4. I have a large personal space bubble, and I’m very particular about where I sit in relation to other people. I don’t like to have people sitting behind me.

5. My second toe is longer than my big toe.

6. I use self-deprecation to get people to like me.

7. I am fiercely loyal.

So, there you have it. Some really interesting and important information about me. Now, I will award this to some ladies who have had me laughing lately:

The Suniverse

Mass Hole Mommy

Because Motherhood Sucks


I also want to do a shout out for a fab mom resource out there - The Mom's Guide at www.1Dental.com. It is a guide for Mom's of children of ALL ages around the right kind of dental care and dental tips. Lots of funny and hard-working "mommy bloggers" provided input on this guide, and we are quoted in it, so please, CHECK IT OUT by clicking HERE!

13 comments:

Suniverse said...

Thanks! I'm very, very honored. I'll definitely follow the directions on this award. Hopefully.

PS I love the Psychology of Driving. What do you call it when a person has to be FIRST? Not that I would know anything about that.

Thanks again!!

Unknown said...

If you keep your shoes on, no one will notice your toe defect.

Carina Schoen said...

They say if your second toe is longer, it means you have a royal bloodline. Myth? Probably, but I have the same issue, so I am stickin' with it :)

Author Joshua Hoyt said...

Wow I feel like I really know you now :) My favorite one was the psychology of driving and I really hate it when I try to pass someone who is going slow and then they speed up.

Jessica said...

The Suniverse is hilarious and always makes me laugh too.

Rathi said...

WOW... Those are some interesting thoughts about you Kristy. "The Race of the Idiots" brilliant!!

Theresa said...

You're welcome baby!

Psychology of Driving, you could write a whole book about that. love it.

Bluestocking Mum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bluestocking Mum said...

Hi Kristy

How good to make your acquaintance and good of you to post this just so I can get to know you better.

The toe thing is something to do with the hormones the body produces (I think it was testosterone.) I watched a programme a while back about it. Scientists were trying to ascertain what makes the natural leaders/best sports/business people etc and one of the major things they discovered was they all had this toe that was longer than the big toe - testosterone gives this edge and a significantly higher competitive element. Fascinating stuff.

I have it too.
Look forward to following your blogs and writing

warm wishes
Debbie
x

Lisha @ DeLovely Life said...

I, too, have a second toe that is longer than the first...on both feet. Double your fun, right? Love your driving vocab. What about when someone tries to pass you on the right before they have to slow down because of the car in front of them?

Unknown said...

I sincerely enjoyed your list of 7. Congrats on all the awards

sara said...

I can't even count the number of times I've seen Monsters v Aliens. It's one of Pie's favorites!

MomZombie said...

I love No. 3. What a great game. I hate those Sea Biscuit drivers.