Sunday, March 28, 2010

Last one in Grandma's Bed is a Rotten Egg!

Pictures are so important to me. I may have spotty time for scrapbooking, but I at least always keep the picture situation organized. I feel it important to chronicle our daily lives in an OCD kind of way. Then why is it that, every once in a while, I completely forget to take any pictures during trips or important events? Drives me crazy. I return and ultimately think, “I should’ve taken more pictures!”

Here is the one and only picture taken during our trip to Arizona.



Parker can only be described as deliriously happy in this picture while laying in my lap, eating Cheet-O’s on Grandma’s couch, and hanging out with his uncle, cousin, and grandma.

It was a beautiful moment, but the moment that I really wish could have been captured in a photo forever was during our last night at Grandma’s house. My mom, my niece, my bub (Parker), and Rosie (the cat) were all crowded on my mom’s bed together. My brother stood nearby as we all talked and laughed about the night’s events (Parker had an angry, stinky poop at the restaurant and then was in a great post-poop mood during dinner. He hammed it up and giggled and made faces while sitting in his victory. But I digress. Back to the beautiful moment.) Parker and my niece were jumping around on the bed laughing. My brother and I were excitedly talking to my mom at the same time. The cat had a ready-to-attack hunched look on her face, but she did not move from her rightful place on the bed. Parker jumped into my mom’s arms and yelled, “Gran-ma-ma!”

That is a moment in my mind that I hope stays clear forever. Life is meant to be filled with the people you love and time well spent together. It makes up for 13 hour car rides from hell – complete with thrown macaroni, screaming fits, burned lips, and blood. But that is another story for another time.

4 comments:

Oddyoddyo13 said...

Hehe, glad you guys had a great time when you got there! I wish you could have taken a picture of that moment too-but then again, its much nicer to hear about it.

Brenda said...

This blog post captures that moment. Perfectly!

McVal said...

Too bad about the bed photo! But this one is perfect! And Cheetos can just the thing to make anyone deliriously happy!

Unknown said...

I wish I had taken more photos when I was younger. You're smart to be taking lots! You'll enjoy the memories they invoke later.
Just stopped by from SITS to say hi; hope you will do the same.