Sunday, July 10, 2011

Breaking News


I joined Twitter. @PampersandPinot

I finally caved.

I did it. Took the plunge. Went all in. Didn't look back.

It has been interesting. I am still trying to figure things out, and I will surely expose myself as tech dumb eventually by making some mistake that I don't even realize is a mistake.

The best part has been seeing all these mom bloggers out there and recognizing who they are and TALKING to them! They really do talk to each other! It is cool.

(If you are on Twitter, but I have not found you yet, let me know in the comments here with your username.)

I had people giving me shout-outs like, "Yay! You're finally on Twitter!" and, "Hey everybody, there's an excellent blogger here who has been blogging for awhile, but she's new to Twitter!"

Thank yous go to the following for Twitter love!
Wonder Friend (@Missy_Stevens)
Tropical Mum (@TroppoMum)
Old Tweener (@OldTweener)
Woogsworld (@Woogsworld)
Things I Can't Say (@shellthings)
Where's My Glow? (@Glowless)
HelpMum! (@helpmum)
Multitask Mumma (@MultitaskMumma)
A Mountain Momma (@AMountainMomma)
My Time as Mom (@mytimeasmom)
Naked Girl in a Dress (@NkdGirlinaDress)


Also, Kelly from Naked Girl in a Dress chose my post on Friday, "Everyone Needs a Whack-a-Mole," as a feature for the week at her site! Thank you, Kelly!

Coincidentally, I am a little behind on returning comment love at blogs. But, I will keep doing my best! More excuses on my tardiness include: the husband is out of town, the maniac has not been at daycare, the maniac is (as I type) skipping his nap for the day, there is a wooden Thomas the Train track to put together (cuz I'm a sucker), and I have felt compelled to do really important things like clean up my tag cloud.

Sigh.

Cheers to social media!

22 comments:

Cristina said...

good for you... I haven't yet joined the monster of twitter ugh.. maybe never, lol

Jen said...

welcome to twitter. I followed you today and can't wait to tweet with you more. :)

Alison said...

Welcome to Twitter!!! You will love it. We talk about things like #crotchcork and #explodinguterus. Intrigued yet? :)

Wanderlust said...

Cool, will find you on twitter! @wanderlust_lust

Unknown said...

I'm on twitter, but I hardly ever go there, 'cause I have no idea what is going on!

I'm Queen_o_the_mat

(Wrestling with Retirement, get it?)

Theresa said...

Yes, I saw you there, welcome to the twittershere, it can be fun once you get the hang of it.
xoxoxo

Jessica said...

Now that you are on Twitter you have another reason for not getting anything done.

Kimberly said...

Thank goodness you're on twitter now! You'll love it! You'll get completely addicted into the giant time suck that is twitter, but you'll have so much fun! :)

Tenille @ Help!Mum said...

Oooh - I'm dreading the day when Lil starts skipping her nap.

Happy tweeting :-)

Hannah said...

I just followed you, but I'm @1dental !

Rathi said...

Sounds good to me. Welcome.

Shell said...

Yay! Was so excited to see you on twitter!

cam said...

YAY! Welcome to twitter. I'll be following you! Oh, that sounded creepy. HA! i'm @camgosha

colbymarshall said...

Welcome to twitter! I'm at @colbymarshall. Glad you've hopped aboard!

Nicole said...

I use twitter sporadically. I actually JUST bought a small book for .99 called, "Twitter for Dummies" - I am just not patient enough to figure it all out!

Heidi of Operation Organization said...

welcome aboard the twitter train! :) find me as @heidileonard if you like.

Mama Hen said...

You are so cute! I am not one to follow along with all of the social stuff. It seems overwhelming at times. But I am on board with Twitter. Congratulations! :)

Mama Hen

Amy said...

I have yet to get the hang of it...cause I'm challenged like that! Took me forever to realize what the @mentions meant ~one day I clicked on the tab...and thought oh now I get it! Ugh...

Its fun! I'm @momsmetime ~will visit ya.

Missy @ Wonder, Friend said...

Was thrilled to see you on Twitter!

Unknown said...

Kuddos for getting on twitter. I'm on but not as much as I should be. It's all so overwhelming to keep up with...

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

I'm so so glad that you're on Twitter now. I was so excited when I got the "Kristy from Pampers and Pinot is following you" email. :)

OneMommy said...

I've been thinking of taking the plunge, too. A little nervous for some reason; I'm soooo not a techie!