Friday, July 8, 2011

Everyone Needs a Whack-a-Mole

"Mommy, can you buy me a Whack-a-Mole?"

I cannot tell you how many times I have heard this phrase in the last 48 hours. Repeatedly.

I kind of don't even know what to say to it.

"Ummm, sure, someday," I've said, hoping that satisfies things and I don't hear the question again.

But, moments later, "Will you buy me a Whack-a-Mole? Will you?"

"Well, if I see one sometime," I say perplexed, "Maybe I will."

(I have no intentions of buying a Whack-a-Mole.)

Moments later, "You buy me a Whack-a-Mole?"

"I have never seen s Whack-a-Mole toy that I can buy, but maybe if I see one someday, I will get it."

Even when picking him up from daycare, The Daycare Lady said, "He wants a Whack-a-Mole."

"Umm, yeah, I know. I don't know why he's so into this," I offhandedly say, amazed that this topic has persisted so strongly through the day.

As we walk to the car, I'm thinking, Can we move on to something else, please?

"Mommy, will you buy me a lobster?"

WTF??

19 comments:

Glen said...

I'm glad you put the picture on - I had no idea what a whack a mole was!! Asking for the lobster is genius - Now you have a choice of two things to get him and a pet lobster would be utter madness - and he knows it!

Natalie said...

Ha ha too funny...lol at least he moved on to something else! :)

Unknown said...

From Whack-a-Mole to Lobster? Strange trip!

KDC Events said...

HAHA! We have Whack-a-mole...DON'T DO IT! It's annoying!!!! lol!
Denice

Niki said...

So funny! When I was a kid I desperately wanted a postal delivery van - the postman was so popular and everyone was interested in when the mail arrived...I thought it must be the van. My parents didn't know what to do with me! Looks like you take it all in stride! :)

Ps. Love this blog! Your title and profile are perfect. Everything in life is better with wine!

Deb said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Right now, I keep hearing, "Open door. Open door." Li'l D applies this to opening doors, lids, removing hats, getting assistance pushing Otter Pop goodness up toward his mouth and . . . opening straws. No, not removing straw wrappers. Opening the straws themselves. This is both adorable and confusing. Much like Whack-A-Mole/lobster lust. :p

AGuidingLife said...

LOL - you could always serve up Lobster for tea - is that too cruel?

Alison said...

Hahahaha! Kids! Gotta love 'em! At least you know where to get a lobster if you want one right?

Trianna said...

Do NOT get the Whack-a-Mole!! I stood up in Target for about an hour waiting for my kid to stop playing with it and subsequently chasing me around the store begging for it....
You can always take him to see the lobsters at the grocery! Haha :)

Kimberly said...

Haha! At least he moved on to something you know where to find!

Suniverse said...

What?????????

That is brilliant. Maybe he was trying to grind you down by constantly asking for a Whack-a-Mole so that when he asked for the lobster, you'd be so relieved, you'd get it for him.

Jessica Anne said...

Ok, I'm laughing. Kids are hilarious. Maybe he's going for a puppy or something and trying to work up to where it seems reasonable.

Jess said...

Whack-a-mole sounds like a step up from shooting Sparky!

Theresa said...

Ha, I would like the lobster. You could get him one, the sight of it would scare the shit out of him (especially if you free the claws) and then you can cook it for dinner. I bet he wouldn't ask for anything for awhile.

Katie Gates said...

LOL!

Tenille @ Help!Mum said...

LOL - the maniac is persistent, you've got to give him that!

Jessica said...

Well at least a lobster is easier to find than a Whack-A-Mole.

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

ha this is hilarious.

Mrs. Match said...

Your kid is amazing. First off I think you'd get a lot out if a whack a mole game. Just think of all the aggression you could let out on that thing! Lol, I love that now he wants a lobster. Ive seen some cute stuffed animal ones. You should get him one!